The purpose of this session is to increase attendees’ knowledge and awareness about youth suicide. We will explore information about which groups of young people are most at risk and why, protective factors and increase confidence in using practical strategies for identifying and responding to signs of risk in young people. Attendees will be provided with the latest information and statistics in regards to suicide in young people. We will also explore the effects of media and contagion on youth suicide, with the internet having an important contemporary role. This session is most suitable for individuals working/caring for 9-20 year olds. Please enquire for open training dates for individuals and small groups. We can provide in-house training for groups of 10 or more.
By the end of the session attendees will be expected to:
- Have a broad awareness of suicide in young people, including being able to recognise some of the latest statistics and risk factors
- Understand some of the misconceptions surrounding suicide in young people, and be aware of the impact of stigma
- Have increased confidence in responding to and supporting young people with suicidal thoughts
- Have an increased knowledge of services available in Hertfordshire to support young people with suicidal thoughts
- Know where and when to signpost young people to for additional support
I just wanted to say thank you so much for our session with you! It was very informative and you were so approachable and sensitive!
Youth professionals only