The purpose of this session is to increase General Practitioners knowledge and awareness about youth suicide, along with how to recognise when a young person may be experiencing suicidal thoughts. We will explore risk factors, warning signs and responding to suicide risk and safety planning in the context of the competing demands of general practice. The session closes by ensuring attendees are aware of the support available for young people across Hertfordshire. This session is only suitable for GP’s working in Hertfordshire. Please enquire for training dates. We can provide in-house training for groups of 10 or more.
By the end of the session attendees will be expected to:
- Know more about the Spot the Signs & Save a Life campaign
- Have an idea of national suicide rates & statistics
- Understand the warning signs and risk factors for suicide in young people
- Know how to respond to young people presenting at risk of suicide
- Be aware of signposting and resources for young people both locally and nationally
“This training was really well tailored to GPs”